The AHA 2015 guidelines renewal course is designed to teach the knowledge and skills required to implement the American Heart Association’s ACLS treatment guidelines in the learner’s practice setting and improve the outcomes for adult patients with cardiac arrest and other cardiopulmonary emergencies.
Audience: The material in this course is targeted to those experienced ACLS providers who routinely use ACLS as a part of their job duties. The AHA’s ACLS course is the premier ACLS training for healthcare providers. The evidence-based content and well-tested teaching methodology can dramatically improve the learning and retention of lifesaving skills.
Prerequisites: Participant must have completed an initial ACLS class is the past. Current card is not required to attend the renewal course since it is an objective based pass/fail program.
Providers enrolling in the ACLS Renewal course are required to be proficient in the following:
- Performing BLS CPR skills using 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Reading and interpreting ECGs
- Understanding ACLS drugs
- Performing the BLS Survey and the ACLS Survey
1 day/renewal participants should complete an online self assessment exam to determine their level of knowledge and skills by logging onto the American Heart Association web site (www.heart.org/eccstudent using the password “compression”) prior to registration.
Student materials required: Item# 90-1014 - ACLS Provider Manual which includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
Upon successful completion, students receive an American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card, valid for two years. This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board of Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS). ACLS Provider Course (Update course) CECBEMS CEHs 5.25 – Activity # 11-AMHA-F2-0127
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PMCarrollton Training Site (EMTS911)
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PMCarrollton Training Site (EMTS911)
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PMCarrollton Training Site (EMTS911)
- Saturday, December 16, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PMCarrollton Training Site (EMTS911)
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PMCarrollton Training Site (EMTS911)
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PMCarrollton Training Site (EMTS911)